Recovery after lifting

Janoman

It's obvious that we're growing muscles when we're resting. But for them to grow, you've gotta work out. So I'm interested in your opinions about how many days we need to fully recover muscles? or better said, how many times a week you can exercise a specific body part? For example - biceps. Would it be better to work it out once a week? or twice weekly? or maybe 3-4 times a week?
I also know that introducing sarms would reduce the time required for recovery. So, how many days can you workout, for example biceps on sarms and naturally?

Vrezz90

For the past year, I've been working out one muscle group per week, and seems like everything was fine. Noticing growth!

greekbody

my trainer says that the muscle require 5 days to recover. Given proper diet, rest (sleep) and the addition of SARMs, I can assume you can get it down to 3-4 days. So you could workout the same muscle group twice a week while on SARMs for growth.

DoM

Well, it varies way too much from one person to the other when asking this question. Additionally, remember that despite the fact that a person MIGHT be able to train more frequently than the other, it doesn't mean that you should because recovery does need some time.
Yes, SARMs can help, but the key is to work damn hard when you should, use a minimally effective amount of SARMs and then rest properly with, obviously, a proper diet that allows your body to recover. I've seen many guys that really work out really hard, yet they do not achieve their goals simply because their diet is shit. There's nothing that their body could take from their diet in order to recover, become stronger and grow.

greekbody

Well, it varies way too much from one person to the other when asking this question. Additionally, remember that despite the fact that a person MIGHT be able to train more frequently than the other, it doesn't mean that you should because recovery does need some time.
Yes, SARMs can help, but the key is to work damn hard when you should, use a minimally effective amount of SARMs and then rest properly with, obviously, a proper diet that allows your body to recover. I've seen many guys that really work out really hard, yet they do not achieve their goals simply because their diet is shit. There's nothing that their body could take from their diet in order to recover, become stronger and grow.
Definitely have a strong point there brother

Reactions: DoM

Janoman

I'm currently trying to do each body part twice a week but I've been on the lifting game for a while.
when i'm on gear, i can do it a little more often depending on how sore i am
thanks for responses guys

ChuckKnock

I'm currently trying to do each body part twice a week but I've been on the lifting game for a while.
when i'm on gear, i can do it a little more often depending on how sore i am
thanks for responses guys
based on this, i guess the proper question would be: are you making progress? I mean, the progress that you're aiming for.

galvor

I noticed that for me the recovery after lifting is very different. One time I could try arms and they wouldn't hurt at all, as if i didn't train them at all. Other time I could try them and they would sore for like 5 days.
Mostly it happens when I train abs. And it seems like it depends on the type of exercise. I train abs one day and nothing, and a week later I train abs wheel exercise and I feel them sore for almost a week.
I assume that it could be the intensity of lifting, what you're eating and so on and so forth.

greekbody

my pleasure
I noticed that for me the recovery after lifting is very different. One time I could try arms and they wouldn't hurt at all, as if i didn't train them at all. Other time I could try them and they would sore for like 5 days.
Mostly it happens when I train abs. And it seems like it depends on the type of exercise. I train abs one day and nothing, and a week later I train abs wheel exercise and I feel them sore for almost a week.
I assume that it could be the intensity of lifting, what you're eating and so on and so forth.
it's important to understand that soreness MIGHT be a good indicator of a good workout. but if they are not sore it doesn't mean that the workout wasn't actually effective.

Janoman

it's important to understand that soreness MIGHT be a good indicator of a good workout. but if they are not sore it doesn't mean that the workout wasn't actually effective.
this is true. but whenever i do not have any soreness I feel as if my previous workout was simply ineffective. LOL

hydrafo

if i continue working out, it's 3-4 days for recovery. maybe 5 for full recovery without soreness at all. If i am not working out for a week or two, the next workouts are causing soreness for at least 5 days.
I once didn't workout abs for about 3-4 weeks straight (I forgot, lol). done abs exercises and they were sore for like 7 days lol

gcbghana

if i continue working out, it's 3-4 days for recovery. maybe 5 for full recovery without soreness at all. If i am not working out for a week or two, the next workouts are causing soreness for at least 5 days.
I once didn't workout abs for about 3-4 weeks straight (I forgot, lol). done abs exercises and they were sore for like 7 days lol
Yes same for me. I noticed that if I do not train a specific body part for a while and then train it again - the soreness is bigger and lasts longer.

hydrafo

Yes same for me. I noticed that if I do not train a specific body part for a while and then train it again - the soreness is bigger and lasts longer.
it's pretty much the same when you just start working out. the first time after training the soreness is so much more intense

DoM

agree with that. i know that if the soreness isn't there it doesn't mean that the workout wasn't effective. but it just feels like it. haha