growing muscles and burning fat

wohum

people tend to look for both growing muscles and burning fat at the same time. that's what it seems like. i understand that it's something we ultimately dream of. but i just wanted to let you guys know.. it's faster and better to aim at one goal at a time. for example, burn fat and then grow muscles or vice versa!

SarMaster

You're actually right. A lot of people are aiming at burning fat and growing muscles concomitantly. The problem is that to burn fat you need less calories than your maintenance cals but to grow muscles you need more calories than your maintenance cals so there's a problem

miko9090

plus, you need more cardio exercises in a cutting than in a bulking cycle.
also, you need to work out with heavy weights in bulking while you shouldn't really work out with the heavy weights in cutting. there are differences!

sarrsun

people tend to look for both growing muscles and burning fat at the same time. that's what it seems like. i understand that it's something we ultimately dream of. but i just wanted to let you guys know.. it's faster and better to aim at one goal at a time. for example, burn fat and then grow muscles or vice versa!
true there!

greekbody

It requires a shitload of discipline to grow muscles and burn fat. The diet must be extremely clean and you need to calculate everything that enters your mouth. Unless you're competing, you could slowly gain muscles with fat and then lose them

sarrsun

It requires a shitload of discipline to grow muscles and burn fat. The diet must be extremely clean and you need to calculate everything that enters your mouth. Unless you're competing, you could slowly gain muscles with fat and then lose them
it's just basically a lifestyle that most people can't resist. moreover, as you said, it doesn't need to unless competing

wohum

You're actually right. A lot of people are aiming at burning fat and growing muscles concomitantly. The problem is that to burn fat you need less calories than your maintenance cals but to grow muscles you need more calories than your maintenance cals so there's a problem
plus, you need more cardio exercises in a cutting than in a bulking cycle.
also, you need to work out with heavy weights in bulking while you shouldn't really work out with the heavy weights in cutting. there are differences!
perfectly explained!
i just think that people would achieve more if they would focus on just one goal at a time and take small steps toward it. the problem of nowadays society is that everyone looks at Instagram models and they think that they'll achieve same results in a month of two. especially with SARMs added. most give up within this period as they don't experience the results they wanted to

greekbody

it's just basically a lifestyle that most people can't resist. moreover, as you said, it doesn't need to unless competing
I've seen guys with such a lifestyle. They are changing a lot becoming irritable and they are basically sacrificing their life, friends, money, and even family and happiness to achieve it. Def not worth it

HGBody

I've seen guys with such a lifestyle. They are changing a lot becoming irritable and they are basically sacrificing their life, friends, money, and even family and happiness to achieve it. Def not worth it
exactly.
that's why you could keep the drastic diet and workout plan only for a month or so prior to a show, competition or something like this to get the edge. definitely not a good lifestyle choice though

miko9090

perfectly explained!
i just think that people would achieve more if they would focus on just one goal at a time and take small steps toward it. the problem of nowadays society is that everyone looks at Instagram models and they think that they'll achieve same results in a month of two. especially with SARMs added. most give up within this period as they don't experience the results they wanted to
sad truth...

NowGow

i was aiming to lose fat and i did notice i gained a few lbs of muscle mass. i'm quite sure it is thanks to sarms i was running

khandra

changing your physique is a long run requiring lots of knowledge too... great you've started the journey, better later than never
agree with that. i've already learned a lot thanks to this forum.
i was aiming to lose fat and i did notice i gained a few lbs of muscle mass. i'm quite sure it is thanks to sarms i was running
sarms might play a role, but as i've learned recently, it's because of your optimal nutrition and workout plan mostly. congrats bro ;)

Reactions: DoM

wohum

if you were in calorie deficit then most likely yes. and depends on what sarms you were running. are you counting your calories and macros?

miko9090

most give up within this period as they don't experience the results they wanted to
i've been in gym for like 2 years without actually achieving my dream goals. but lots give up after half a year.
so you're definitely right there